Saturday, June 30, 2012

It's My Birthday!

Today is my 28th birthday! How is it that I'm almost finished with my 20's?! They have gone by fast. My 20's have been good to me and have held A LOT of change! I have gone from college, to working in Atlanta, to working in Park City, UT, to meeting and marrying my sweet Devin, to moving to Chicago to be the wife of a medical student, to working a year in Chicago, and as of 2 1/2 weeks ago...becoming a mother of 2 little girls! I have been one blessed woman! 

 Today was a great day, jammed packed with activities from start to finish. It went a little something like this:  

8:30am:
Officially started the day when Claire woke up to be nursed (again...never mind I had nursed her just 2 hours prior.) Emily woke up simultaneously, and all 4 of us piled in our bed for the half hour it took me to feed Claire breakfast. 

 9:45am:
Out the door, with both girls fed, changed, clothed and loaded in the double jogger to meet Sydney for a morning walk. Devin left on a bike ride at the same time. Photobucket Photobucket

Noon - 1pm: 
Play ground session for Emily, while Claire and I sat in the shade under a tree and cheered Emily on as she went down the slides. 

 1-2pm:
Home to nurse Claire, feed Emily lunch and get us ready for the beach. 

 2-3:30pm:
Devin and Emily swim in the lake and play in the sand...
  PhotobucketPhotobucket

...While Claire and I snuggle together in a chair observing them. Look how cuddly that little baby is!
  Photobucket

3:30-4pm:
Drive home, bathe Emily, sing her some hymns (her absolute #1 request all throughout the day) and put her down for a nap. 

 4-5:30pm:
Nurse Claire, take shower, get ourselves cleaned up. 

 5:30-7:45pm:
Pit stop at Costco to pick up some fresh berries and milk, to get us through this next week, and to fill up the gas tank. Then we headed to the mall so I could try on a few different pairs of running shoes (my birthday present from Devin) so that we would know which pair to order online (where it's cheaper.) Then a quick stop at Old Navy to pick up some $1 flip flops and 2 skirts I found on the clearance rack on my way to the register (Devin stayed in the car with the girls...getting them out at the mall proved to be too much...we have to ease our way into publicly being a family of 4.) And lastly, we stopped at Jimmy John's for my favorite sandwich for dinner (this time I stayed in the car while Devin got our dinner to go.) 

 8-9pm: Nursed a starving Claire who patiently waited on me to run my birthday errands, fed Emily dinner and snapped a few pictures with my 2 babes before putting Emily in bed.  (The only way I can get Emily to smile for pictures these days is to tickle her.)

Photobucket Photobucket

9-Midnight:
Ate our sandwiches, homemade cake that Sydney brought over and ice cream while watching a rented movie.
  Photobucket

What a great day with my little family.  I am VERY exhausted!  And now it's almost 1am, we're back in our room, I'm nursing Claire and about to play a game of backgammon with Devin...I just don't want my birthday to end! And that's why in our house we celebrate birthdays for a whole weekend :) We were on the go today, and tomorrow will be a nice slow Sunday at home enjoying our little girls.

2 comments:

Thomas and Sydney said...

The cake made the blog???!!!! I feel special:)Such cute pictures of you guys. So glad you were born and that I know you Jennie Tranter! You are one great friend. Love you to pieces.

Anonymous said...

Great shots of a nice way to spend #28! Love you