Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our 4th of July

It was a very low key Holiday for us this year. I came down with mastitis the day before, and while the antibiotics had kicked in by the 4th, I knew I needed to take it easy to maximize my recovery. I was SO THANKFUL that Devin had the day off, and was able to spend a whole day with us...on a Wednesday! 

When I was up nursing Claire at 3am, the temperature was already 85 degrees...I knew we were in for a HOT ONE! Devin went for a bike ride at 7:30am and was only out for an hour because he said it was just too hot...at 7:30!  We decided against going to the local parade, and instead enjoyed a delicious breakfast that Devin made. He is good in the kitchen, that Devin! 

 After breakfast we ventured down to the beach. I knew I was going to be a human roast, baking in the heat, so I tried to just welcome the sweat and have a good attitude. Devin and Emily played in the water/sand, while Claire and I sat under a tree. We stayed for just over an hour, and that was enough. It seriously was just SO HOT and SO HUMID (and this is coming from a girl who grew up in Georgia!)
  PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Once we got home, took baths and showers, got Emily down for a nap and Claire fed...Devin and I watched a movie, Joe Dirt. I had never seen it, and to my surprise, I really enjoyed it. We both must have been in the mood for dumb humor, because we laughed hard and pushed rewind several times to re-watch the funny parts.

 The girls woke up, we played in the living room for a while, and then later in the evening we loaded up in the car and drove to the perfect spot to see some fireworks while staying in our air conditioned car...the park right at the end of our street. So close and so convenient! Devin held Claire and I held Emily, and then we swapped half way through. Emily LOVED the fireworks and kept saying "oh wow! beautiful fireworks!" We love watching Emily experience things. I brought our camera to be able to capture some of her faces while watching the fireworks, but naturally I forgot to put the photo card back in the camera from uploading pictures to my laptop. Dang it.

 But we did get a few shots of the girls when we got home, before we put them to bed. Emily has really started to love to hold "baby Care" lately, and to my surprise, I actually let her do it.
  Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

And this is the face we get from Emily on a very regular basis.  Miss personality!  Love that we actually got this on camera, even if it is a bit blurry.
  Photobucket

Why do Holidays and fun days go by so fast? Devin is back at his rotation, and I'm longing for the weekend when he's back with us all day again. It's so much more fun with him around.

No comments: