Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Venturing Out

Every day I load up the girls in the double jogging stroller and we go for a long walk, that ends at the play ground at the end of our street so Emily can get some energy out before lunch and nap time. Devin and I have also taken the girls to the beach 5 times since Claire's birth. I have taken them both to the pediatrician by myself, but today was the first time I took Emily and Claire to a store...with both of them in a shopping cart. 

 Emily was a difficult baby to take into public (and still is), so I had a little anxiety of how this outing would go. When we're outside walking in the morning, Emily can scream as loud as she wants, and it's generally ok. But not in Target. It's embarrassing if she chooses a public store as her venue for temper tantrums. Understand my anxiety now? All in all, it was a successful 1st outing in public. I popped the binky in Claire's mouth and she slept the entire time. Bless her! (Emily never took a binky.) And once I could detect the beginning signals of a melt down coming on from Emily, we headed right over to the toy section and I let her pick the most musical/interactive toy we could find to carry with us while I continued doing the shopping.  Now I don't mean to knock on Emily...she has the cutest, most lively personality that makes me laugh all day long, but for as vivacious and spunky as that little girl can be, there's also a flip side to it.
  
Photobucket

Today marks 4 weeks since Claire's birth...which is what made me feel ok about taking her to Target. Don't ask me why 4 weeks makes it ok instead of 3 or 5. 

 I love it when her eyes are open...something that is occurring much more frequently and for longer periods of time nowadays.
  Photobucket

1 comment:

Kajsa and Fam said...

Thanks for writing this post. I was super nervous the first few times I took Adalyn out to the store (what if she cried? lol) But in the end she loves the store and does great. But I feel those same nervous feelings with #2 on the way. Hope it goes smoothly! Glad your shopping trip went well!