We moved this past weekend! All I can say is that I'm SO THANKFUL it's over, and that the baby is still baking. Devin and I worked all weekend long, and got so much accomplished. We had some guys from church help us move for a few hours (life savers!), the weather cooperated, and we were able to get our old apartment completely cleaned. Is our new place set up?...absolutely not. We do however have the living room completely arranged, and all of our wall hangings have been hung (which always makes a new place feel more like a home). Devin has to study every night this week for his final on Friday, so I'm looking forward to tackling the unpacking process...my goal is 1 room per night, starting with the baby's room.
***
So I have 1 more week until my due date. How did that happen, and where did the past 10 weeks go? We have been so busy that this baby's arrival has really snuck up on us. I can honestly say that if she came today (please don't come today) we would be ready for her. Ideally we would like her to stay in there until this Friday afternoon. As noted above, Devin has his summer final Friday morning, and it would be oh so thoughtful of baby girl to give her dad some much needed focused study time. After Friday, Devin will have a week off before fall semester starts...so all we're asking is for 4 more days with no baby...then BRING HER ON! I am so excited to meet her!
***
I have many emotions running through me. Yesterday at church, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for all that God has given me. How He came to think I deserve it all is still a wonder to me! I have been so blessed! I'm living in a beautiful area, with a wonderful husband who is ambitous enough to tackle 7 years of school/residency to ensure a comfortable lifestyle for our future family. I love Devin. I love our relationship, and I love that we are eternal. We have the best families ever, and I'm so thankful for email and cell phones to make keeping in touch simple. I have a fabulous job (with a short 10 minute commute) that is providing AMAZING insurance for us to have this baby. We belong to such a great ward (church), with the most down to earth, kind, humble people to fellowship with. I have had the smoothest pregnancy, and will soon be staring into the face of a little angel so fresh from the heavens...I'm very excited to experience childbirth and motherhood. Of course I wish we lived closer to our wonderful families, but I know that north Chicago is right where Devin and I need to be, and I am content with the life we have built for ourselves here.
***
THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER for all of my blessings!

4 comments:
I'm SO excited for you guys and can't wait to see photos of your baby girl and hear all about her birth :)
Jennie...we need a phone date. I can't believe you are having her so soon...time flies. I miss you and I want to see pictures of your new house. So excited for you two that everything is working out so great in Chicago. I have to tell you tons but I am sure I am not your priority right now so call me whenever you have time...
ohhh what's the name you decided on???
LOVED this post, what an amazing and happy person you are! I miss you! I am so excited to see pix of sweet baby tranter and hope that she keeps baking for you.
Yay I am glad the move went well for you guys and before the baby is here! I can't believe you are due this week that is crazy that went by so fast. You will have to post lots of pictures of this sweet girl!!
Post a Comment