Sunday, August 8, 2010

Date Night * Shower * Progress Pics

Since there is still no baby to report, I wanted to share about a great date night Devin and I had Friday night. Very last minute, we got a phone call from a new couple that just moved to Illinois to start school this year. We met them when they came in town looking for a place to live, and they were kind enough to think of us when they had 2 extra tickets to the Broadway "Billy Elliot" downtown. {Side note, I had a doctor's appointment that afternoon, and the doctor said that I should be prepared at anytime to have this baby} So, we threw my packed hospital bag in the trunk, grabbed a towel just in case I wet myself (in any way, shape, or form), and we were on our way into the city! The play was good. It wasn't my favorite, but it was entertaining just being in a beautiful theater, and listening to fun songs....and the tickets were FREE....somehow knowing something is free makes it that much more appealing.

We tried so many times ot get a good picture in front of one of the signs, but the sign was too bright, that we always looked dark. But you get the idea...
We parked a little less than a mile away from the theater, so we had a nice stroll through the city. This is Devin's favorite sign. Every time we're downtown, he stops and admires it. This one is for Devie:

I love crossing the river on Wabash St.


Photo op of most likely our last big date... pre-baby/kids
My work threw me a surprise baby shower this past week. I was blown away by all the gifts people brought! It was fun coming home and re-opening them all again. Check out the LOOT!

My dear friend Lori, from work (I made the baby blanket at her house) made this adorable diaper cake. I think it will remain decor for the nursery for a long time. I love it!
And guess what came in the mail?? (I love getting real mail!) My sister in law Sarah hand made this precious little pillow for the nursery. She did the needle work in the middle and everything. I think it is so so cute and sweet. THANK YOU SARAH!
And of course...here I am 1 day shy of 40 weeks pregnant. This was after church, and Devin and I both had a little A.D.D....so we had ourselves a little photo shoot. Hopefully these will be the last pics you see of me pregnant for a while!
This is supposed to be me hugging the babe...

And here is Devin at 1 day shy of 40 weeks as well...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you look so pretty in your church dress and you look skinny (I hope I am that lucky when I am pregnant). I can't believe she is still not here! I was just talking to Craig about you and was wondering if you gave birth already and then I though I should check your blog to see if you had any updates. You have to make Devin post on your blog when you have her...or send a mass text with your phone.

Miss and Love you!!!

Design A-Peele said...

Hope that baby comes out soon!!!