Wednesday, August 4, 2010

False Alarm

I understand that what I'm about to tell you should be embarrassing to me, but I'm secure in myself and my bodily functions, and maybe some of you have had this happen to you too. If nothing else, you'll laugh...and who doesn't like a good laugh-out-loud to themselves, right?!

I went into the hospital last night because I thought that my "water" was leaking...turns out I just peed myself uncontrollably! HAHAHA! I was brushing my teeth {standing straight up, mind you} and all of the sudden things got wet down there. I mean sometimes I trickle a little bit when I bend over to spit in the sink and the baby gets pushed right into my bladder...but NEVER have I been standing up, and completely lose control of my bladder. And it was kind of a lot. So I called the hospital, told them what happened, and they said for me to come in. So after an hour and a half of being hooked up to the fetal monitoring machine, and losing all sense of privacy down there, the nurse confirmed that it was not "water" from the babe, but rather me just wetting myself! I was not in labor, and went home kind of disappointed. I got a little excited driving to the hospital. That's the latest baby update. I'll keep you posted.

13 comments:

Suzy Tranter said...

That is an awesome story!! Ha ha! I did laugh out loud! Any pregnant woman knows what you mean :) Did they at least tell you if you were dilated or anything?

Maddy said...

hahaha, that's awesome. the same thing happened to me, don't worry! i wasn't standing straight up, but I had just gone to the bathroom, sat down to watch a movie with bryce and was like umm.... i still have no idea what happened :) it's normal i guess!

Chris said...

I love these bodily function stories. Just so you know my Sam was born because I was constipated and pushed so hard I broke my own water. At least I didn't poop during the birth.

At the time I wasn't sure my water broke so we looked it up online and the smell of bleach confirmed that it was amniotic fluid.

Good Luck!!!!

Kirsten said...

HA ha that is great Jen! Believe it or not that happens ALL the time! When I worked in L&D we probably saw one patient a day that did the same thing! Its definitely worth writing down though! Good story! Dev better send us a text or picture text when she arrives!!!

Andrea said...

I Love that you shared this! haha!

So, this sort of happened to me too. I was sleeping and woke up wet, went to the hospital because we were certain it was my water that had broke, they told us I wet myself, and we went home. But... throughout the day I kept slowly "leaking" so finally my mom said I needed to go back in. I went back in late that same night and indeed my water had broke. Moral of the story, if you keep "leaking" your water just might have actually broke.

heidi said...

OH ahahahahahahah. LOVE YOU!

Design A-Peele said...

Hahaha! That's too funny. Glad you shared. Nice start to my work day!

cait & darren mower said...

for sure laughed out loud and maybe wet myself a little too, while laughing! thanks for sharing. LOVE YOU

Unknown said...

haha...i love that you share this...i totally would too! miss and love you xoxox

Anonymous said...

That cracked me up Jennie! Thanks for sharing that. I use to pee the bed when I was little! Does that make you feel better?!

Anonymous said...

That cracked me up Jennie! Thanks for sharing that. I use to pee the bed when I was little! Does that make you feel better?!

Rachel W. said...

Oh Jenny that is hilarious! My sister in law did that too. When I was like 39 weeks we went swimming and when I got out all this water came rushing out and I thought that my water broke too but nope it was just pee.. lol I didn't end up going in.

Ashley said...

Hahaha!!! I love this story Jennie! Welcome to the embarrassing world of motherhood!!!