We went back to the doctor this morning to check up on my progression....and got nothing but "you're exactly the same as the last time I checked you." I have not progressed whatsoever. Kind of discouraging, because I was really hoping to go into labor on my own, but it looks like I will be induced beginning Tuesday evening...and having the baby sometime Wednesday. All day I have been thinking about the fact that this baby's birthday will most likely be August 18th. I like that date. It sounds nice. I'll take it!
So unless a curve ball is thrown at my body within the next 3 days, modern medicine will trick my body into labor Wednesday morning. I love the thought that I will definitely have my little baby next to me in just 3 short days. I'm so excited to be a mom, and I'm really excited to see Devin as a daddy. He is going to be the BEST dad ever!
My sweet mother in law will be flying in Wednesday night and staying with us for over a week. With Devin having to work school into the mix (classes start Monday) it is comforting to know that I will have someone with me 24/7 for the first week of this baby's life. And I LOVE my mother in law...Devin, baby, and I will have her full and undivided attention...how lucky are we?!
We still have not decided on a name...but it will be either Claire or Emily. We have to see her little face first :)
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
How exciting to know that you get to meet the little girl that's been kicking you for so long! She will come when the timing is right, even if the doctors induce you. I had my membranes stripped 3 times, I drank Blue Cohosh 2 or 3 different times, and I even had my massage therapist hold my uterine release points. (I was desperate to get Brooks OUT of me!!!) Eventually the kicker was bouncing on a birthing ball (workout ball) for like an hour!!! It worked :) Within a couple hours I started having contractions. I wish I would have been more patient because I miss being kicked and having the little man move around. Enjoy the last moments!!! Congratulations again :) Can't wait to see how amazingly beautiful we all know she will be.
I just can't wait!!! Seriously! It's going to be so exciting! I love both Claire and Emily. Claire is my 1st sisters name and Emily happens to be her daughter's name. So both are really special to me! Emily has the biggest brown eyes that melt me and make me do whatever she says ;)
Good luck with everything! I've decided some times our bodies just need a little "kick" to get things moving. 2 of my 3 kids I had to be induced for! Can't wait to see pictures of this sweet little girl!
I woke up this morning so excited for you!!!! Good luck tonight :) I will be thinking about you all day!!!
Post a Comment