A HUGE blessing about our temporary 7 months stay in Utah is that so much family live so close! What a fantastic support system and the best company I have just a short drive away.
On Wednesday I took full advantage of my proximity and loaded the girls up for a day trip to Amber's.
Have I talked about Amber before? Her dad is my mom's oldest brother...she is my dear cousin, but feels more like an older sister to me. There are pictures of us when I was Emily's age, and Amber is carrying me on her hip (she's 9 years older). She literally has seen me through every stage of my life and has been a fantastic constant through all of my change. I cannot say enough how much of a blessing she has been, is, and always will be in my life.
It was amazing when I moved to Utah over 5 years ago, and was finally living in the same state as her, and then was very sad when 2 years later it was time for me to move away for Devin's school.
So a big part of the silver lining of living in Utah while Devin is gone rotating is that I have my best friend so close to me again!
Amber has 4 kids: Sadie is 12, Boston is 10, Isabell is almost 4 and Thea is 18 months. I was only 15 when Sadie was born, then I had Emily in between Isabell and Thea. I'm so glad that her last two are intertwined with my first two: Izzie, Emily, Thea and Claire...in that order.
Wednesday was one of those, re-charge-my-battery-with-adult-time, kind of days, and I am so thankful for it! We hit the road right after Claire's morning nap, and got home just in time to put Emily in her pjs and in bed by 9:15pm. Devin was gone at his rotation and then studying for his Boards Part II coming up.
I wish I would have gotten some pictures of Sadie and Boston, but alas, I didn't realize I didn't snap any of them until just now as I'm uploading the pictures.
Isabell...turning 4 at the end of this month
Thea and Emily riding the horsie...taking turns didn't go too well, so Amber just put them on at the same time.
Cowgirl in motion
In January, Emily and I spent 2 weeks with Amber. During this time, Emily was introduced to the Wii's "Just Dance" game. Oh my goodness, for the past year I have had to pull up Youtube videos of Just Dance songs so that Emily can hear and dance to them by following along. I'm not kidding, every single day for the past 11 months Emily has requested it. So, to be back in their basement watching Just Dance on the big screen and shaking her booty to the music was the ultimate in excitement for this girl.
Waiting for the song to begin...the anticipation is killing her!
Doing the first few moves...warming up
And I was lucky enough to steal a smile from her in the middle of the song!
Sweet kiss for Claire bear from Izzie
Loved everything about this day, and am excited to do it again very soon!










No comments:
Post a Comment