The girls and I have been in Utah for over a week now, and I'm still unpacking and finding a home for everything we brought with us. Who knew a Scion could hold so much stuff?! I am trying to use this move as an opportunity to start implementing a more productive routine everyday. I'm slowly working myself up to doing all that I would like to accomplish each day: Personal time to read, exercise, play with Emily in her imaginative world, read stories to the girls for an extended amount of time, cook a nice meal waiting for Devin when he gets home, keep up on maintaining a clean home (since it's not MY home, I feel extra pressure to make sure it stays clean), and open myself up to finding time to serve others, cultivate new friendships and maintain old ones. SIGH...all of that is a work in progress, but with 4 months of separation from Devin coming right around the corner, I really want to keep myself productive and busy so the time will pass, and I will come out stronger in April when he returns.
Here are a few snapshots of what we have been up to the past week; our 1st week in Utah.
Marianne and Richard picked us up from the airport, and spent less than 24 hours with us before they left for their 3 week trip to Saudi Arabia and a Mediterranean Cruise. Emily soaked up as much of grandma as she could in that short time. These two have a special relationship, and it is sweet to watch.
Before Devin arrived with our car, the girls and I spent 2 days and a night with my cousin Amber and my grandparents.
Claire bear meets her great grandma.
The weather was gorgeous and Amber and I went running together! She and I always call each other when we are out walking. Every single day she either calls me when she's out pushing her stroller, or I call her when I'm out. It was quite the treat to be running and chatting in the flesh together! (Oh the little things that gives a mom a thrill!) We took up much of the road...her with her double jogger and me with mine. We have 6 kids between the two of us!

Emily and Izzie were cute together. Emily is much more communicative and interactive than the last time they were together, so they entertained each other nicely. And they loved baby Claire.

Aren't they cute with their piggies?
The family came over for Sunday dinner to welcome Devin home. The only picture I got from that night was this one of Suzy and Emmie.
It has been nice having a backyard. The weather has been beautiful, so I've taken Emily out in the grass after her naps right before it gets dark. These guys are constantly hanging out in the backyard, and Emily loves watching them. There are deer in a few of her favorite books, so it's cute to see her reaction to real life deer.
We are enjoying our first days in Utah and are looking forward to what the next 7 months will hold.






No comments:
Post a Comment