My dad and his fiance Mary invited us to Mary's lake house in Fish Creek (Door County), Wisconsin. So last Thursday we packed up our whole car (we have so much more stuff now that a baby is thrown in the mix) and drove up for a few days before coming back to our place for Emily's blessing. It was so nice to get out of town and enjoy such a beautiful place! It was a tad bit chilly, but that didn't stop us from going for a great walk, a fantastic bike ride, and into the little downtown to check out the shops. Dad and Mary spoiled us with some delicious meals from the cutest local restaurants. It really was so fun to be with them for a few days! And Emmie did pretty good for her first time away from home.
Door County is the penisula on the right side of the state:



In the downtown square of Fish Creek. I thought we were just going for a walk, and we ended up downtown...I would have worn something other than a sweat suit. Devin kept telling me I looked homeless.

Grandpa and Grandma watch Emmie while Devin and I went on a bike ride

There is a great state park about a mile and half away from Mary's house with some beautiful paths. We rode to this tall lookout stand where you could see all the little islands in Green Bay.

Our first bike ride together since Emily. It was fun!


Family Photo

We had the famous fried perch at Sister Bay Bowl restaurant...yummy!

Emily slept in our suit case, and obviously loved it...

We came back to our place Saturday night and Devin blessed Emily Sunday morning. My cousin Amber hand made Emily's dress, and it is a WORK OF ART! I didn't put it on her until we got to the church. I was paranoid she would have a blow out in her car seat on the way.

After church

Daddy and his girl :)
6 comments:
dang so many cute pictures!!! love you1
That is SO CUTE!! What an awesome idea to put her inside the pumpkin. Makes some DARLING pictures. I loved all those Fall pictures of her and you at Independence Grove. Those turned out so perfect.
That is so funny! I'm definetely going to have to copy you when we get a little one! And I loved that she slept in your suitcase!
You guys are the cutest family!! I love the picture of her in the suitcase and she looks so adorable in her blessing dress!
That is so funny that she slept in your suit case! Super creative :) Her blessing dress is beautiful. What a wonderful family little family you guys have.
you look so great!! and i can't believe you got on a bike... my mouth dropped when i saw that - haha. I think I was incapable of moving normally for a solid 4 months (horrible labor...) as always, she's beautiful and that's awesome she slept in a suitcase!
Post a Comment