Last Saturday, March 29th, was Devin's 31st birthday. Poor guy didn't have a very out of the ordinary day because he was on call, and spent 8 hours at the hospital. While he was gone, I bought some sourdough bread bowls from Panera, and made fresh homemade tomato basil soup to pour in said bowls. I sauteed mushrooms and asparagus too, and made homemade cinnamon rolls as his "cake". I was in the kitchen for a while, but that is the way to Devin's heart...and he definitely deserved it!
I fit in a run on the treadmill while the soup was simmering, and then formed the cinnamon rolls before I showered. The last time I made cinnamon rolls was for Devin's 30th birthday; that's how rare it is. Devin had to document.
His parents and My dad and Mary both sent packages that arrived the day before his birthday. They sure know how to make us/him feel taken care of and thought of. We have fabulous parents!
The girls and I got Devin a full pedicure at a spa right down the street. I'm excited for him to experience his first pedicure...he has a few reservations...but I have assured him as soon as he sits in that massage chair and puts his feet in the hot foot bath, those reservations will melt away.
Happy Birthday Devin!




No comments:
Post a Comment