Devin was on call for podiatry and ortho last week/weekend (he had 3 pagers on his hip...looked ridiculous!), so he wasn't around much. Saturday morning I took the girls to a fun free day activity through the park district.
It was a HUGE added bonus that Mrs. Andy (Emily's preschool teacher) led one of the crafts. It was also HUGE that she reminded me that this week was Spring Break. I definitely would have shown up to school on Monday had she not reminded me.
After a few crafts we stood in line for what seemed like forever to get sparkly tattoos.
Emily chose a fairy in pink and purple. WHo would have guessed she would pick that? ;)
Claire chose a pink star.
Claire's washed off the next day during her bath, but Emily's is still on her wrist....a week later! That girl loves sparkles. For every bath this week, she held her arm out of the water the entire time I washed her, and wanted to get right out as soon as possible. She loves baths, so for her to choose to get out right after she was clean shows you just how much she has loved having her little tattoo.
Since there was no preschool on Monday, I took the girls an hour north to where we used to live to spend the day with Sydney, Hudson and Brielle. Sydney has spent the last 4 months in Utah (while Tom has been out of state on rotations) and she just got back to Illinois. It was SO WONDERFUL to spend a day in our old life with my great friend and her cute kids. We went for a long walk, took the kids to the playground and made dinner. On our way home that night, Emily said, "That was such a fun day, Mom, thanks for taking us." The next morning I asked her what she wanted to do, and she said, "Can we go back to Sydney's house?" I'm glad the girls loved it as much as I did....plenty more days like that one this summer!
The kids that played SO WELL together ALL DAY/NIGHT LONG.
Tom is rotating at a program in Milwaukee this month, and made it back in time for dinner. I am so glad the Wright's are back!
The next 2 days were spent pretty routine, but it was barely warm enough to bundle up and spend the afternoons at the playground.
I took them to McDonald's for dinner one night, and to play in their play area.
My other 2 munchkins were goofing around while I took my selfie.
L to R: 24 weeks pregnant with Emily, Claire and baby boy.
And that wraps up our Spring Break week.
It was a HUGE added bonus that Mrs. Andy (Emily's preschool teacher) led one of the crafts. It was also HUGE that she reminded me that this week was Spring Break. I definitely would have shown up to school on Monday had she not reminded me.
After a few crafts we stood in line for what seemed like forever to get sparkly tattoos.
Emily chose a fairy in pink and purple. WHo would have guessed she would pick that? ;)
Claire chose a pink star.
Claire's washed off the next day during her bath, but Emily's is still on her wrist....a week later! That girl loves sparkles. For every bath this week, she held her arm out of the water the entire time I washed her, and wanted to get right out as soon as possible. She loves baths, so for her to choose to get out right after she was clean shows you just how much she has loved having her little tattoo.
Since there was no preschool on Monday, I took the girls an hour north to where we used to live to spend the day with Sydney, Hudson and Brielle. Sydney has spent the last 4 months in Utah (while Tom has been out of state on rotations) and she just got back to Illinois. It was SO WONDERFUL to spend a day in our old life with my great friend and her cute kids. We went for a long walk, took the kids to the playground and made dinner. On our way home that night, Emily said, "That was such a fun day, Mom, thanks for taking us." The next morning I asked her what she wanted to do, and she said, "Can we go back to Sydney's house?" I'm glad the girls loved it as much as I did....plenty more days like that one this summer!
The kids that played SO WELL together ALL DAY/NIGHT LONG.
Tom is rotating at a program in Milwaukee this month, and made it back in time for dinner. I am so glad the Wright's are back!
The next 2 days were spent pretty routine, but it was barely warm enough to bundle up and spend the afternoons at the playground.
I took them to McDonald's for dinner one night, and to play in their play area.
And this week marked 24 weeks of being a host to baby boy.
My other 2 munchkins were goofing around while I took my selfie.
L to R: 24 weeks pregnant with Emily, Claire and baby boy.
And that wraps up our Spring Break week.






.jpg)








No comments:
Post a Comment