Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ski Day

For Christmas, Devin gave me 2 all day ski passes to The Canyons in Park City, and said that I could take whoever I wanted :)  Monday was the last day I had with Devin before he left us for 2 months, so we decided to make it our ski day together.  Marianne was kind enough to watch the girls all day.  

It was such a fun day!  It felt like we were in a different world with no kids and on a beautiful mountain.  Because it was a Monday, there were several runs where we had the mountain all to ourselves.   I wish it were easier to stop in the middle of a run, strip my gloves off my hands and get my phone out to take pictures of the beauty, but that would have taken away from the escape of it all.  

Devin snow boarded and I skied.  This was only Devin's 3rd time snowboarding, and he did so well!  We were together the whole time.  I liked watching him continue to get better and better as the day progressed.  







Right after our last run.  Sad it was over, but happy it happened! 


Riding the tram back to the parking lot.
A goofy one for Emily.


Before going home we stopped for Chinese.  Our last supper together for a while.  


And now it is Wednesday.  Devin left first thing yesterday morning and is back in Chicago.  He has 2 rotations there in February and March, then will come back to Utah for his last rotation in April.  Oh what a day that will be when we can close this rotation chapter and move on!  We are so close.  

No comments: