Devin has completed his Boards Part II exam!! He took is yesterday (Jan 4th) and after finishing, walked through the door a new man. This was the last huge hurdle before graduation, and I am so thankful that it is behind us now...I can't imagine how Devin must feel! We still have to wait to see if he passed, but I'm confident. He has studied SO STINKIN' HARD for weeks and months and has really sacrificed so much in order to go into that test feeling as prepared as he possibly could be.
So proud of that husband of mine!
It has become tradition to decorate the house while he is taking a big test. I did this when he took his MCAT before medical school, for his Board Part I, and again yesterday for Boards Part II. It was fun to have two little girls helping me this time. Emily colored some pictures for him that we hung as well.
We hit the town last night, for the first time in a while, and it felt so great to have no stress and be together as a little family.
I look at some pictures of Emily and think she looks so grown up, like a big kid. This is one of those pictures (below)
After dinner, we took the girls homes, put them in bed and headed back out for the late show of Les Miserables. (Richard and Marianne were home for the girls) What an amazing show. LOVED every single second of it, and was very moved by the experience of it all. We sat in our seats after the credits and soaked it in, which resulted in us being the last ones out of the theater at 12:45am.
The month of January will be a sweet one for us. It will be low stress, no rotation, and lots of family time. It is the calm before our last storm...when Devin has to leave us again for 2 months straight in Feb and March. But right now, I'm not thinking about that separation just around the corner, no, I'm relishing in the celebration of having my husband back with me 24/7!



.jpg)



2 comments:
HOORAY for "Faithful Devie"! And you look stunning in the movie theater photo.
Yay for Devin and all of you! Looks like it was a fantastic Christmas for you all!
Post a Comment