Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Country Get-a-way



2 days before Devin took his big test, I fled to the country to hang out with Amber and other family that were passing through after the holidays.  It was a win/win/win scenario.  Devin got peace and quiet to study...I got some adult conversation and company...and the girls had tons of little cousins to play with and keep them entertained.  

Isabell took Emily to a different room to "dress her up", and brought her back looking like this.  That there is a peacock feather stuck right into her hair.  


One night, my Aunt Claire stopped in with two of her girls, Karen and Julie.  It was SO GOOD to see them., since the last time was my wedding, and we all know how much you get to visit with people at your wedding.  I just love my Aunt Claire.  I can't say that I directly named my baby Claire after her, but I definitely had good feelings about the name because of how sweet and good my Aunt Claire has always been.  

Amber and I never get a picture together...our kids get the spotlight.


Amber and her baby, Thea.


Oh how I love these ladies.  From left to right: my Aunt Kathy, her 2nd daughter Amber, me, and Kathy's 1st daughter Tahna.  The last time I saw Tahna was when she was pregnant with her last child...who is now 4!  


Amber and Cade



Here is my Aunt Claire.  She came bearing gifts.  A homemade, hand crocheted baby blanket for my Claire bear.  It was a tender moment for me as I read the sweet card she wrote to me before pulling this beautiful blanket out of the bag.  She said that my mom had hand stitched a memento for her and my Uncle Eric's wedding, and ever since my mom passed away, she has felt like she needed to make me something on behalf of my mom.  So when she found out that I named my baby Claire, she started crocheting this blanket.  What a treasure to have! 




And Claire was smart, she had Julie help her make a blanket for Emily too.



Princess Isabell and her doting admirer 


L to R: Julie, Claire, me, Karen and Claire


Grandma and Claire


Tahna had to leave, and Ashley (far left) showed up with her kids.


All of the children
Hayden, Boston, Bennett, Abbey, Emily, Claire, Sadie and Isabell (Thea was sleeping)

The next morning, before Ashley flew back to Michigan, we had a photo shoot with the girls (minus Sadie, Thea and Claire)  It is hard to believe that these are our kids.  It seems like just last year Ashley and Justin were dating, and I was single and living through their romance :)  (Ashley is the wife of my cousin Justin...Amber's youngest brother.  You can see her blog HERE.  I have also posted about her family HERE and she has posted about her visit to Chicago to see us HERE.)






Would you look at these beauties!!  Such good women!


It was such a treat to see some family that I haven't seen in such a long time!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I guess Grandma feels her hair is now long enough to not wear her wigs? She's so funny!