Monday, August 20, 2012

Emily Turns TWO

My baby is TWO! Wow, that went fast. She turned 2 on Friday, August 17th and we celebrated her birthday all weekend long. Friday, Saturday and Sunday she woke up saying "My Birfday!" We love celebrating birthdays around here, and it was so much fun making our little buttercup feel extra special for 3 days straight.  

It's amazing how much change happens in 2 years! 

 August 17th 2010
  PhotobucketPhotobucket 

 August 17th 2011
  PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

August 17th 2012
  PhotobucketPhotobucket

Emily's week was not one of her best. The poor girl got terribly sick with the stomach flu last Monday night...threw up for 48 hours straight...went to the ER Wednesday night to get an IV of fluids in her system (because she was so lethargic and could not keep anything down)...threw up once each day following...Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!! Isn't that sad?! We think and hope that she has turned a corner and is truly on the up and up now. She hasn't thrown up in over 36 hours, so here's hoping. 

This is at the ER. Devin took her in, and I stayed at home with Claire.
  PhotobucketPhotobucket

The morning of her birthday, I walked in her room to get her out of her crib and this is the first glimpse I got of the birthday girl...
  Photobucket

And this is her face after I said, "It's your birthday!"
  Photobucket

Her birthday breakfast was her request; pancakes and chocolate milk (which she didn't end up eating because she didn't feel well. Instead she ate a piece of toast.)
  PhotobucketPhotobucket

After breakfast, and lazily getting the day started, the girls and I took a walk to the grocery store so I could pick up the things I needed to make her birthday cake. As we were rounding the sidewalk corner to go into the store, there was a big freezer cooler holding Cadbury brand chocolate ice cream bars.  A nice guy was handing them out for free! Score! We got one on our way out for the little birthday girl.
  PhotobucketPhotobucket

Daddy got off work early and was able to make it home in time to get Emily up from her nap. What a fun birthday surprise for her. She loves her daddy!
   PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

We went to Costco (one of our favorite family outings) and had a slice of pizza for dinner on our way out. Then ran a few more errands before coming home...at 11pm. We haven't kept Emily out that late...well...ever. This is how we found her when we pulled into the garage...
  Photobucket

We did our night time routine of reading scriptures, (She likes to identify the people in the pictures at the beginning of the Book of Mormon) singing hymns, saying prayers, doing a "family kiss" and then finally getting tucked in bed with her fan blowing and her music player on. She counts on this routine every night, and so do I.
  PhotobucketPhotobucket

Because we wanted to celebrate her birthday all weekend, we decided to do her birthday cake and presents on Saturday night. We went to the beach with a big group of friends Saturday evening (post is forthcoming), and then came home and did the cake and presents celebration. She LOVES balloons, and has been walking around with her princess balloon for the past 2 days.
   PhotobucketPhotobucket

I made her cake, and had a lot of fun doing it.
  PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket

A little help from dad...
  PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

All of her loot
  PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And all the while Claire bear was...
  Photobucket

I love our sweet, spunky, spit-fire Emily! She really does keep us laughing and on our toes every day, all day. I love her witty little personality and the way she already teases Devin and me. I love her sweet side when she snuggles and kisses and says "Hold you momma." I love her spunky side when she turns on music (from one of her many music playing toys) and starts dancing and shaking around in the living room....or when she looks at me and says "Yur goofy!" or "Stinky momma!" when I'm changing her diaper. She is such a joy to have in our home, and though she pushes the envelope and tests my patience everyday, I wouldn't have her any other way. She is our one-of-a-kind Emmie Lou Hoo!

For record keeping's sake, I took Emily to the doctor today for her 2 year check up:
24.14 pounds
34 inches long

1 comment:

SteveandWendy said...

I didn't realize your Emily and Chase almost have the same birthday! I would love to get together when you come stay with the inlaws- so lets do it (i'm not just saying it- we're going to do it!)