After Matt and Cami's wedding weekend, Devin had to fly back to Chicago, and I was lucky enough to spend another 2 weeks in Utah! I spent one of those weeks in Wanship with my side of the family. My camera died, and so the only pictures I got were of our trip to my uncle Kevin's new farm in Wyoming (thanks to Amber's camera). I took a ton of pictures of the farm. I loved watching Kevin run the farm and follow him around to each of his routine chores that he does every morning and every night. He spends 3 hours in the morning milking his goats and cow, bottle feeding 26 baby calfs, cleaning out the chicken coup and finding all the new, freshly laid, eggs...among many other behind the scenes tasks I didn't pay attention to. He repeats the whole routine every night.
I milked a cow for the first time. I actually really liked it.
Isabell LOVED being at the farm. She was a go getter when it came to feeding the calfs and finding the chicken eggs. So cute!

While in Wanship, I spent a lot of time walking/running the back country roads. My personal favorite route was hiking up Cherry Canyon right up the street from my Aunt Kathy's house where I was staying. The views were beautiful from the top. I love being in the country...so quiet, peaceful, slow, and the stars are abundantly gorgeous at night.

I always love my time in Wanship with my Pace side of the family. Amber has 4 kids now, is a full time realtor, and her husband is building their final home...aunt Kathy is busy with her essential oil business...uncle Dennis is up first thing in the morning to tend to his fruitful garden, goats, bees, etc...and grandma and grandpa are thriving at 84 and 91 years old! I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the country.
Activities and memories not pictured:
Delicious dinners every night, followed by late night conversations
Trip to the movies with Amber
Early morning garage saling in Park City where I scored a Britax car seat, winter coat, and winter shoes...all of which were like brand new! I'm really excited about my purchases!
Trip to Rockport Lake at sunset with Amber, our babies, and her 9 year old son Boston
Visits with grandma and grandpa
Visit with uncle Loyal and aunt Cynthia, as well as Deede and her 3 boys
No comments:
Post a Comment