Monday, August 8, 2011

Inspirational Moment

I wanted to share a few things (not sure what else to call them) that have lifted my spirits, opened my eyes, and helped focus my priorities lately. I have the best of intentions to keep what should be my top priorities at the top, but for some reason (called life) my clear view of the road ahead, gets cloudy, and these bits of inspiration become the windex on my windshield, if you will, that make my view clear again. I truly believe God sends little nuggets of truth and direction when we need them, and the following sites/articles/talks/posts have been answers to the prayers I have most recently said that sound like this, "Help me to be the mother Emily needs me to be, and the mother I want to be. Help me to be the wife Devin needs me to be, and the wife I want to be. And Help me to focus on the areas that matter most, and will glorify YOU (God) the most."

I am a regular reader of the C. Jane Enjoy It blog. I think she is funny, dynamic, and real. I came across a post on motherhood that I must have missed, and I now know why I needed to read it now, rather than a few months ago when it was written. A little answer to recent prayers.

I am also a regular reader of a cousin in-law's blog, and loved one of her recent posts about being real...read/see HERE. This one came at the right time for me as well...another little answer to prayer.

And as always, I love LDS.ORG and the many sister sites that stem from it. I go to them when I am seeking inspiration. This is a talk/address given by the 1st Counselor in the First Presidency of the LDS Church, Henry B. Eyring....meaning he is one of the 2 counselors that assist and work alongside the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I love how this talk re-focuses what we are on this earth to do; love and serve one another no matter what our circumstances, or their's, might be. (You can also watch this address by clicking on the "watch" link on the right side of the page after opening the above link.)

No comments: