This past weekend we spent 2 days and 2 nights in Holland, Michigan with my cousin Justin, his wife Ashley, and his 3 kids; Abby, Hayden and Bennett. It was so nice to drive out of town and get away for a few days. We haven't seen them since our wedding, so this visit was very much needed! Holland was good to us!
Our trip consisted of:
Great conversations (that left us awake until 3am the first night)
Watching Abby and Hayden play in their make believe world (They are SO ADORABLE!)
Game after game of Rook and Casino (a new one that they taught us.)
Not knowing what time it was, and loving not being on a schedule, even with kids and babies!
Beachin' it until almost sunset just because it was so beautiful and the kids were being so good!
Kite flying
Pier jumping
Junk eating
Sleeping in
I only got pictures during our beach day...but I got a lot! Emily was a little unsure of the water and the sand and whole beach atmosphere in general for the first half hour, but it didn't take her long to start throwing sand in the air and crawling all over the place. She was a cute beach baby.

Devin is such a sweet, good daddy! He loved introducing Emily to a whole new world and kept saying, "Jennie Look!"
These girls are so incredibly adorable. They played so good together, and were so out going with everyone. I rode the bike that pulled them in their bike trailer from the house to the beach, and the entire ride they were saying, "Hello there! Hi! Hola!" to every person we passed. I love kids that are outgoing with others!
Justin brought a trick kite and showed us the ropes, literally. I was a little nervous that I would crash the kite or run it into some passerby below, so I wouldn't let Devin let go. Justing was a pro, and Devin was pretty good too!

These girls are so incredibly adorable. They played so good together, and were so out going with everyone. I rode the bike that pulled them in their bike trailer from the house to the beach, and the entire ride they were saying, "Hello there! Hi! Hola!" to every person we passed. I love kids that are outgoing with others!
Justin brought a trick kite and showed us the ropes, literally. I was a little nervous that I would crash the kite or run it into some passerby below, so I wouldn't let Devin let go. Justing was a pro, and Devin was pretty good too!
The last day Ashley, Abby and I went blueberry pickin'. It was sweltering hot and humid, but the 5 pounds of blueberries I got was well worth it. They are all gone as of this morning (2 days later!) Emily has LOVED them, and so has her mom!
Thank you Ashley and Justin for such a memorable trip! We had so much fun, and can't wait to see you again in March!





2 comments:
Jennie, I think you are seriously adorable! And Emily is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I am extremely jealous of your fun life in Chicago!
Man that berry-picking day was HOT! And just today I was wishing we would have had more time to pick a few more pounds. They don't taste the same from the store. (They probably were picking from the wrong spot :) )
Can I steal some of your pictures when I eventually do a post? I didn't take a single picture when you were there. I realized I don't grab the camera when I'm having the most fun!! Thank you so much for coming, we loved having that time with you and your family.
Post a Comment