I haven't had much to blog about lately, because to be honest, not much is going on. It is very cold and snow covered outside, which forces us to remain indoors. It's ok, I actually haven't been too depressed this January, as I normally get the post holiday/January blues every year. The girls require me to get up and keep going through each day, and here we are already to February! And who doesn't love February with hearts and love and Valentines?
I have been trying to implement small, new goals into each day in hopes to increase a better attitude and perspective, as well as filtering what I let into my thoughts and home through media. I have a long way to go on things that have chronically been difficult for me to change, but after reading and pondering, I really do know that change is possible, and it starts with me! Everything is fine, no need to worry, but I just want to improve myself and break some bad habits, that I KNOW by doing so will only strengthen my marriage and family. So coming to grips with certain aspects of myself that need improvement, has been humbling and now energizing to tackle. That has been my personal January outside of my mothering duties.
A few pictures as of late...
Claire continues to be ever into things she shouldn't be. She is so quick and sneaky and good at what she does! These pictures are of her getting into the baby lotion, spilling it on my freshly washed sheets (after coloring them with a highlighter she found on her way to get the baby lotion on my nightstand) and using the pump to put it on her eye. Maybe she should stop watching me do my mascara...because she has a fascination with putting things on her eyes.
Devin and I both took Emily on separate dates. She has been especially good lately. The lessons we are trying to teach her are sinking in, she is understanding us better, and she is really acting better and has become so obedient! It has been great! I also had a parent teach conference with her preschool teacher, and got a fantastic report on her. It truly made me feel like she is implementing what we are trying to teach her at home, in public when we aren't around. Good, good feeling and parent moment. So for her good behavior, I took her to get an ice cream cone from McDonald's one Saturday, and Devin took her to get a donut one day after work. She really loved being with each of us all by herself.
These girls love to dance, and love to ask me to turn on "fast music". Dancing happens multiple times a day all day long. After breakfast, while I'm showering/getting ready, after naps and before bedtime.
The other morning I got up and got them dressed, then went right back to my bed. I was just still so exhausted. Then they quickly came into my room asking for breakfast. These little faces keep me going. I love them!
They love snuggling lately, maybe because they want to keep warm. Aren't they cute together?
I try to get us out of the house every day. 2 days a week, Emily has preschool, and Claire and I run the weekly errands during that time. The other 3 weekdays we often go to the mall play area, or to a play date somewhere with someone...but this week I took them to 2 different pet stores one day, and the library another. They loved the pet store. Fish, birds and rodents proved to be very entertaining for these girls...it's like a free zoo. It was great. So easy to please when they are so young!












No comments:
Post a Comment