We have been cabin dwellers for the past few weeks, due to the harsh cold weather. I have snow clothes for them ready to play outside one of these days, but it has been just too dang cold...biting cold! It is hard to think of things to do to entertain a 3.5 and 1.5 year old...ALL DAY LONG. We blare music and dance, we craft, we take long meal breaks, we watch movies, they watch me exercise, I watch them play pretend and somehow the hours go by and daddy gets home for some relief for all of us.
Lots of painting/coloring time
We have even resorted to the classic fort building for entertainment...because a tea party is even more fun with your babies inside a fort!
We got Pizza Hut and watched the BCS Championship game. That was something exciting! HA!
Devin tried out his new blow torch and made creme brulee.
Our back yard icicles are at their all time longest
And here's our front yard.
Devin picked up a clearance chocolate house from the holidays that we did to fill a night with the girls. They loved the entire process.
After breakfast is usually when I fit my workout in. Half of the time I get on the treadmill and the other days I do either Insanity or Shaun T's newest series, T25. The girls do pretty well to entertain themselves while I sweat. I think they find it funny to watch me bounce around in front of them. This is typically how they look when I start....
And by the time my video is over, the living room has turned into this. Whatever makes them happy while I'm moving and shaking. I have to play referee at least a few times throughout, but they know if they are nice to each other, they will get some kind of treat when I'm finished. Their favorite is a fruit snack!
And that's what our life has looked like since the New Year!














No comments:
Post a Comment