While Claire tornados around the house, Emily often times likes to be right where we are, and as close to us as she can be. Especially at nighttime she loves to "get cozy" on the couch with us. She can have a defiant streak in her, but she is oh so sweet and loving and kindhearted.
Last Saturday I took a rare afternoon nap while Claire was napping. I told Emily she could skip a nap and stay up with dad if she would be quiet so Claire and I could sleep. She happily agreed. She tucked me into my bed, and did all of the things I do for her when she's going to bed. She even got under the covers with me for a few minutes and snuggled.
Sometime in the middle of my nap, I vaguely remember her climbing up onto my bed, nuzzling really close to my face and asking me how I was feeling. A time later, I woke up to find her sweet little porcelain face touching mine and she was fast asleep. She came to check on me and accidentally fell asleep next to me. She never falls asleep randomly outside of her bed when it isn't bedtime, so I soaked up that heavy breathing little body next to me and waited for 30 min for Devin to finish his workout and eventually come back to our room so he could take a picture of us.
Sometime in the middle of my nap, I vaguely remember her climbing up onto my bed, nuzzling really close to my face and asking me how I was feeling. A time later, I woke up to find her sweet little porcelain face touching mine and she was fast asleep. She came to check on me and accidentally fell asleep next to me. She never falls asleep randomly outside of her bed when it isn't bedtime, so I soaked up that heavy breathing little body next to me and waited for 30 min for Devin to finish his workout and eventually come back to our room so he could take a picture of us.
Things I don't want to forget her saying...
"Mom, my daddy is my prince!"
(she talks all the time about how dad is her prince, I am her queen and she is the princess. She loves to pretend to sleep and only wake up when her prince kisses her.)
"Mom, this music is so beautiful. I can feel the Holy Spirit."
[as she rides her tricycle through the living room and into the kitchen where I am]
"Bye mom, I'm going on a trip!" (me: "Where are you going?") "To see Jesus!"
"Mom, can we spend time after we...(fill in the blank)"
(She loves just spending time together as a family in the living room and calls it just what it is, "spending time.")
Things I don't want to forget her doing...
Dancing and twirling around the living room in her dress up princess dress, with earrings, necklace, high heels and purse accessorizing her.
Holding Claire's hand and leading her in circles around the house because they are "going on a trip". Through the living room, dining room, into the kitchen, down into the playroom and back up into the living room on the other side. They do circles the whole time I'm preparing dinner, and Claire just lets Emily lead her hand in hand.
Setting up tea parties with her baby dolls while I'm on the treadmill (the treadmill is in their playroom, so I get to watch them in pretend world and I love it.)
Admiring herself in our wall of mirror after she puts her big clip on earrings, necklace, lipstick and high heels on. She loves to be fancy.
Reading and talking to herself in her bed at nap time before she falls asleep. She is imaginative and funny. She also sings, which is my very favorite.








No comments:
Post a Comment