Thursday, January 9, 2014

5 Year Anniversary

Devin and I celebrated our marriage turning 5 on Jan. 3rd.  The past 2 years, we haven't been together due to his rotations, so this year was extra special...or at least we tried to make it that way.  I actually feel like we have some years of experience under our belt now and are no longer newly wedded.  I mean, 5 years...that's something, right?!  

Just for old time's sake...





















Devin is working at the VA hospital this month, so his schedule isn't anywhere near as crazy as it is when he is at the hospital in the city.  Jan 3rd was a Friday, and Devin got home at a great time.  He brought me red roses (I held a bouquet of only red roses on our day) and a nice card (my favorite).  I painted our initials on the tree in our backyard (wood is the traditional gift for 5 years) and made him a slide show comprising our last 5 years.  It was really nice to pause time and reflect on all that we have done, been through and built together...and we've only just begun, really.  

I love Chik-fil-a, and have been wanting to go for about a month now.  Our anniversary proved to be the right occasion.  It was a win/win all around.  I got my coveted classic #1 (original chicken sandwich with fries and lemonade), the girls chowed on nuggets, and then played on the indoor playground for over an hour while Devin and I watched and chatted.  

I love our little family that we have created together, and the special times we have together.  We don't live by any family, so our little family really is all we have, which I think has bonded us even closer.  I am grateful for Devin's patience with me and for hanging in this with me even when I become irrational!  He is such a provider, protector and leader.  Love him!






No comments: