Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween of Bust!

We had our first Halloween party last Friday night at the church, and have been wearing our costumes ever since.  Unfortunately, we didn't get a single picture at the church party, only video.  

Emily's preschool party was yesterday, and she was SO EXCITED that mommy and Claire got to come too!  I remember how special it was when parents got to come to school, and being on the other end is just as magical when I see how special it is to Emily.  

Claire used Emily's old cow costume, and I made Emily's pig costume using her pink dance leotard and tights, stuffed a pink sweat shirt and made the mask and ears out of felt and hot glue.  Oh yes, and her little pink pipe cleaner tail too :)  I think it turned out alright.  She was happy with it, and loved wearing her mask.  





Emily's 1st crush, Paris.




Miss Andy!  Oh how Emily loves her! (And check out Claire's cheese!)


Today we went to the nearby Assisted Living home to spread a little joy.  It really was a win/win/win, we needed to get out of the house, the girls wanted to wear their costumes, and the elderly were happy to see some little farm animals.  
The girls did the stairs about 50 times.  We don't have stairs in our house.


Sweet Lillian



It rained all day long, but as soon as we got home from the Assisted Living place, the clouds parted and rain stopped enough for us to hit the pavement and make it to the houses on our street.



Claire was more interested in the dog than the candy.



Last time in their costumes while they played with the candy they got.  They played with it like toys, filling up one of their buckets and then switching it all over to the other.  



Because it was so rainy and humid out, Emily's hair curled right up.  
Cute little piglet!




We missed daddy all day, in fact he still isn't home as I'm typing this, and the girls have long been asleep.  He works so hard and such incredibly long hours!  Good thing I got so many pictures and videos.  

No comments: