Devin lucked out and got last minute tickets to the Michigan game from one of his attending doctors, so he was on the road by 8am this morning and had a great day with Jeff (senior resident in his program).
(He randomly had a Michigan shirt that he got from a thrift store in Utah. Came in handy today.)
Half way through I put Claire down for her 1st nap, and did Emily's hair. Usually she doesn't like me to do it and it becomes a battle, but she actually sat still and let me handle her thin, wispy hair to create her request: braids and pigtails...
(He randomly had a Michigan shirt that he got from a thrift store in Utah. Came in handy today.)
So, the girls and I filled our day with fun too.
Today was the start of the 183rd semi-annual General Conference for our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). I made the girls heart shaped pancakes (I can't believe how many they ate) and then we watched the first session of conference together.
Once the 1st session of conference was over and Claire was up, we headed to our little town's fall activity day to meet Jeff's wife Aimie and 3 kids.
The kids selected pumpkins
Then decorated them
Then we made our way over to the long and slow line to ride the ponies. I cannot believe Emily wanted to and actually did ride a pony. It was pulling teeth to get her to ride a fake horse on the carousel a few months ago! But she waited patiently for her turn, and got right on the saddle. I was really proud of her for trying it and loving it.
I mean look at that smile!
Claire was standing there too, but by the time I got the camera function pulled up on my phone, she had walked off....which explains so much of the phase she is in right now...wandering.
Graham, Jaxon and Emily
We got home and I put the girls down for a nap just in time to watch the 2nd session of Conference in peace and quiet. Loved it!
Conference ended, and I got to watch the 2nd half of the UGA vs. Tennessee game. The were up by the end of the 4th quarter and we were having so much fun shouting Georgia chants and screaming when Georgia scored the last touchdown/field goal to send the game into overtime. I think they were loving seeing me so excited and goofy with them. Claire can now say, "Gor-ga" (Georgia). So cute.
Once Georgia won in overtime!!!, we headed out to a celebratory dinner at Chick-fil-a. The girls loved their nuggets and fries and then we all played together on the indoor playground until they were so tired and couldn't climb up the jungle gym to go down the slide anymore. On the way out I bought them an ice cream and they sat to happily in the booth together sucking it back.
We had baths and stories and then took a few shots of them with their decorated pumpkins, and then it was lights out!
They have such funny personalities...goof balls!
What a fun Fall Saturday with my girls. One of my favorites!

















No comments:
Post a Comment