Our friends the Walker's recruited us to watch their 4 kids last week while Paul and Melissa got out of town on a getaway together. Remember, the Walker's graciously opened their home/basement to us for 3.5 weeks this past June when we were looking for a place to live back in Illinois. Going back to their house was a little bit like going home. My girls were in heaven having 4 big kids to play with them, and I got to practice being a mom of SIX!
Emily and Halle (7)
Emily LOVED sleeping in a princess sleeping bag for 4 nights
Melissa baked a delicious coconut cream cake, and it was so incredibly tasty! I had 2 pieces in a row!
Once I got the 3 older kids on the bus, these 2 got breakfast. Nora is 4, and is about 18 months older than Emily, and we have been SO BLESSED to be the recipients of Nora's grown out of clothes for the past 3 years. Now Claire is wearing them!
While Matt (12), Afton (10) and Halle (7) were at school each day, these three girls had lots of play time together. It's a good thing they have three girls in their family and a ton of girl toys so that all of them were content and happy.
Claire would poop out for an afternoon nap, and these two would watch a movie until the big kids got home from school.
But then Nora pooped out too :)
Saturday morning Devin watched all the kids so I could run the Des Plaines River Trail Half Marathon. This was my view the entire 13 miles. It was a gorgeous and crisp Autumn morning, and I felt great the whole way through. Such a better experience than the Salt Lake Half I did back in April.
This is what Devin and the kids did while I was running.
We took all the kids out to lunch and then to the playground.
All six kids.
Until next time Walker kiddos! Thanks for the great time!























1 comment:
The kids had so much fun--I think they were sad that we came home!
Post a Comment