We've got a BIG GIRL on our hands these days.
Emily started preschool...Today!
There was an open house last week, for her to meet her teacher and get to know the classroom (and where the potty is). So, for the past week I really tired to prep her for this first day of school. We talked about how mommy and Claire were going to drop her off at her classroom and then say goodbye and she would stay with her teacher and new friends. We talked about all of the new kids she would meet and practiced her introductions, "Hi, my name is Emily. What's your name?" We talked about snack time (who doesn't love to know that there is going to be food at the new place they are going?) And most importantly, we talked about how mommy and Claire would come back to get her when preschool was over for the day.
All of that prepping really paid off, because today she was a rock star and did wonderful with her preschool debut. I really am so proud of her and all of the growing and developing she has done over the past few months. She really has made leaps and bounds in so many areas.
I wanted to start a tradition of making Emily one of her favorite meals and have a colorful drink in a fancy glass the night before her first day of school. Well, that didn't happen because Devin didn't get home from the hospital until it was time to put the girls in bed. BUT, I did make her oatmeal with a blue drink in a fancy glass for breakfast. Does that count? I say yes.
And then we had a photo shoot of the new school-goer.
She picked her outfit, hair-do and necklace.
She was just a little excited.
On our way, and still excited.
We found her cubby
Throwing up 3 fingers has been one of her poses ever since her birthday. She went right up to her teacher and said, "Hi Ms. Andy, I'm Emily."
She met a friend too.
And while Emily was away...our little Bear sure did play. She had all of the toys all to herself :)










2 comments:
Your girls are just the cutest little things ever!
Emily has the funniest facial expressions!
Post a Comment