Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bed Swap

As I was uploading the pictures for this post, I realized that Emily has had quite the summer of change these past few months since we moved back to Illinois.  Sharing a room with her little sister, learning to use the potty, beginning preschool, starting her very first season of dance class and the most recent change has been sleeping in her new big girl bed.  This has been a long time coming.  We have been talking about it since we moved in, and just made it happen over the weekend.  It was also significant because we finally moved Claire out of a pack n play and into a real crib!  She is 15 months old, and finally in her own crib.  Bless her.

The first night was exciting for Emily.  She could not get over the fact that getting in and out of her bed was all up to her.  So much so, that she and Claire we still awake at 11:30pm, which is exactly why we waited so long to put Emily in a bed without rails in the first place.  All seriousness aside, it was really cute to hear the pitter-patter of Emily's feet and the giggling of Claire as Emily rushed toward's Claire's crib.  We peeked in to watch what they were doing; Claire would toss her blankie over the crib rail, and Emily would run over to pick it up, then throw it onto Claire's head before running back to jump on her bed.  







Going over the rules of her new bed.



The below two pictures are from night 2 in her new bed.  I opened the door to do my nightly routine of looking at the girls and kissing them one last time before I go to sleep...and this is what I found.  She literally feel asleep as she was getting off the bed.  



1 comment:

joshhouck said...

cute little goofballs!