Friday, September 20, 2013

Melt My Heart

Tonight I was sitting with Emily at the table while she ate a nighttime snack before bed (peanut butter and banana).  We were listening to soft Christmas music on Pandora; her request.  The house was quiet.  I asked her if it tasted good, and she said, "Yes.  It's so yummy in my tummy.  It feels so good.  It's the Holy Spirit."  I then asked, "What is the Holy Spirit?"  To which she replied, "It's when I feel so good inside.  That's the Holy Spirit."  

I really do make daily efforts to incorporate spirituality into the lives of my girls.  We read scriptures in our pajamas while Claire drinks her morning bottle, and usually play uplifting music during breakfast (music really resonates with my girls) as well as say prayers throughout the day, having Emily say them too.  But aside from doing the routine, what I want most is for them to feel something when we do those things.  If they don't feel it, than it will all just be head knowledge at the end of the day.  The feeling is what explains spiritual principles to the heart.  I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit, and providing opportunities for my girls to feel and identify His influence is the biggest, most important thing I could ever give to them.  

I believe Emily is beginning to recognize the feeling of the Holy Spirit, and that melts my heart!

(She is loving and requesting her own smoothie every morning when I make mine, and I am loving how easy it is to blend up spinach without her knowing!)

1 comment:

Kajsa and Fam said...

So cute! Love those little moments. :)