Friday, September 13, 2013

Fish Creek with Grandpa & Grammy

It just so happened that my dad and Mary planned a getaway to Fish Creek (Door County), Wisconsin during Devin's first week of "On Call" at the hospital.  So, the girls and I headed north to join them.  We spent 3 glorious days with no cell phone service, no internet and no TV.  It was so incredibly nice to be away from all electronics and instead enjoying the peace and quiet that is Mary's house on the bluff overlooking the beautiful bay.  I had great company who also loved being with Emily and Claire.  We ate delicious food, played cards while sipping on my favorite (A&W Cream Soda), enjoyed a long run and long walk under the canopy of lush September foliage and loaded up on full nights of sleep alongside my Emmie girl (we got to share a bed for 3 nights and it was fun to see how excited she was each night for us to sleep together...sweet memory).  

Thank you Dad and Mary for entertaining me and the girls and providing such a nice escape for me!

They took us to a petting zoo/farm, and oh my goodness gracious, Claire was obsessed with everything animal.  I'm talking pure joy for that girl!  She was beaming and her limbs were difficult for her to control from wiggling out of socket.  The sight of each new animal never got old for her, or for us to watch her reaction.  It was so precious and so funny.  Emily, on the other hand, had an indifferent/nervous/scared reaction to the animals.  Several times I glanced at her to find her tube of lip gloss in her right hand, compact mirror in her left and her pink princess purse dangling from her arm.  She is my girly girl for sure :) 
(I took way too many pictures) 







Emily was by the fence, and then bolted the second the cow started lazily walking in our direction. (notice the aforementioned purse.  She takes it everywhere.)













Love this sweet face



I really cannot believe she agreed to doing this.  It lasted long enough for me to get this single photo.



Poor Emily.  She got too anxious when the animals came right up to the fence.  Grandpa made for a great shield.





Isn't this a great picture?  


She loved running up and down the path that Grandpa made.


The peaceful backyard


She rode and rode and rode her little bike all around that deck for 3 days.  



Dad and I took the girls on a long walk through the state park, and half way through we climbed up a look out tower.  Emily did every step.




Lots of story/snuggle time






All I wanted was a nice photo of me and my girls smiling, with a nice back drop on the deck.  
This is what I got instead...






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these pictures Jennie! And love that you came up to make them happen!
I'm thinking about you!
Love you,
Dad

Megan said...

Awesome pictures! Love getting to see the girls! LOVE YOU!