So, I have mentioned before that my brother Matt introduced me to the INSANITY workout series. I am SO THANKFUL for them this winter season. Last year we lived in an apartment complex that had a workout room at the clubhouse equiped with treadmills, ellipticals, a bike, and various free weights. So Devin and I used that during the bitter cold months here. This year, however, we live in a duplex with no such clubhouse workout room available to us. Add a baby into the mix, and I found myself struggling to find ways to get exercise in every day. If I'm going to sit at home all day (every day) with Emily, I at least need to move around and sweat for an hour. Over the 3 weeks we were in Utah in December, thankfully we had an exercise bike in my in-law's basement and were able to go to the gym a few times, but once the January Blues hit me, I needed something to keep me active.
Enter Matt and his INSANITY workout dvds. I do these 4 days a week, and then go to Devin's school's workout room 2 days a week to keep up on my running. I really have LOVED these workout videos. They are intense, and jam packed with insane exercises that leave me wiped out at the end of them. Some are harder than others, which is nice on days that I want a really hard workout, and then other days I want something a little tamed down. I just can't recommend these videos enough. I know that as long as we live in a cold place during the winter, I will always have something that I can do to stay in shape. I can't remember the last time I was able to do so many push ups at once. I feel like I'm not only getting a cardio workout, but I'm strengthening my muscles too. It's great. THANK YOU MATT! You have no idea how much you have helped me!

No comments:
Post a Comment