This little Buttercup is
6 months old
Today
Everyday I sit her in her bumbo facing the shower while I'm occupying it. I'll poke my head out periodically to check on her, and this little face is what I see. She has just started playing with her feet.
(she has a diaper on, her rolls are just covering it up.)
Jan 19, 2008 - Baptism
Jan 24, 2008 - First date with Devin
Sept 14, 2008 - Patriarchal Blessing
Oct 17, 2008 - Engagement
Jan 2, 2009 - Endowment
Jan 3, 2009 - Wedding
August 17, 2010 - Emily's birth
Feb 17, 2011 - Now Emily's 1/2 birthday
I don't know why 6 months is more of a milestone than 4 or 5 months, but for some reason it is for me. I have enjoyed 6 months hanging out with and taking care of my little Emily. I am one blessed momma!
***
On another note, I spent the day on Tuesday at Kira's house attempting to make dresses for our little girls. (We didn't finish them. I'll post a picture if they turn out cute.) Emily was entertained by Maddie pretty much the whole time after they woke up from their naps. I realized that all Emily needs is an older sibling. My productivity went way up due to these two playing.
I posted a picture of the inside of Emily's diaper below
Lately we have been giving Emily pieces of paper to play with because she likes the noise that they make when she crumples them. At church on Sunday she played with the bulletin for a solid 30 minutes. At the sushi restaurant she played with the napkins and paper that the chopsticks come in the whole time we were there. Now, from time to time (translation: every time) she ingests some of the aforementioned paper without us knowing, and then when we realize it, it's too late to do anything about it.
The scene is now set for the picture you are about to see. I changed Emily's diaper at Kira's house, and found a wad of something. All of Emily's dirty diapers are pretty much still liquid-y. She does not pass solid pieces (couldn't think of a better word??) yet. So when I saw this, I back-tracked all the things she had eaten the past 2 days. And then I saw font displayed through the green tint. It was a wad of all the paper she had swallowed from the bulletin and napkin. Boy did they go on a journey!
(the bottom of the diaper holds the "piece" I'm referring to)

2 comments:
That is hilarious! The Sunday program was the best. And oh my gosh, the picture in her bumbo is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! I love that girl! And I miss you guys!! :(
Yes, the bumbo picture is PRECIOUS!
Post a Comment