Saturday, February 5, 2011

Baby Food

A few months ago, my dad's new wife, Mary, gave me a cook book for homemade baby food recipes. Emily was not yet eating solid foods, so I put it with my other recipe books, and haven't looked at since...until this week. I tried rice cereal and a few jars of store bought baby food, and while Emily ate them, she didn't seem to enjoy them. So I whipped out this Recipe book, and learned so much about homemaking your own baby food. Don't get me wrong, I still plan on using store bought baby food for convenience, but I want to primarily homemake Emily's food from now on. It was actually easier than I thought, and I can make a big "batch" of something and freeze several containers. Thanks Mary!

I pureed some peas, zucchini and yellow squash, and mixed breast milk with them to make the consistency a little runnier while she's starting to learn how to eat from a spoon and digest it. I like how she can still get the nutrients of breast milk even when she's eating solids!
It's a WIN WIN :)
And the product is a happy baby. She has gobbled down the peas and zucchini so much easier than the store bought kind. My mommy confidence went up about 10 points.


2 comments:

joshhouck said...

I see a whole lot of Devin in the pics!

Madison Houck said...

I love this last picture:) She's adorable! I miss y'all so much!!!