Monday, September 29, 2008

We did it!





Well Saturday morning came quick. Devin and I woke up and left for Heber at about 6:45am. It was so cold when we got there and were setting up our bikes, checking in and getting our numbers, going to the bathroom not once but twice cause of nerves, and then finally venturing out on our 100 mile biking excursion. We started at 8:35am, and got back to Devin's truck at 4:25pm. We were literally riding our bikes all day long! There were 5 rest stops. I obviously went to the bathroom at each :)...while devin pounded 6 inch subway sandwiches. He had 2 sandwiches at 3 different stops to make his intake total a whopping 6 subway sandwiches! I was seriously amazed at the amount of food that boy needs to sustain himself! Where does it all go? I have no idea! But the ride was wonderful. The temperature couldn't have been better, and the scenery was just gorgeous! Devin and I started together, and 8 hours later finished together. I had so much fun with him. We alternated listening to our ipods and riding alongside each other to talk, laugh, and be stupid. There were times we had some serious A.D.D and came up with weird (what we thought was funny at the time) things we could do. For instance, every so often there would be a pack of male bikers that would come up and pass us...we would see them at the rest stops and catch up to them, but they would still pass us each time we all started out. Devin gets the idea that the next time they pass us we should get really competitive with them and speed up and not let them pass...so that they're stuck out in the road with no where to get back into the group. As I type this, I'm realizing that this is one of those, "I guess you had to have been there" kind of examples...but oh man...devin and I had some fun with that one. I tried it once, but started laughing too hard that the person I was speeding up next to didn't realize what I was doing. Here are a few pictures from right before we started. Devin's brother Dave did it as well, but he burned us after mile 1...we never saw him again until we were all back in Salt Lake that night. I definitely had a great experience, and want to make this an annual tradition!

5 comments:

Dave and Jen McDonough said...

Oh jennie, I love your blog! I loved reading your posts about the bike ride and the visit with your dad and all of the others. That divorce one was sad and funny at the same time. The pictures were great, but I hope to see you in person real soon!

cait & darren mower said...

yay! i am so proud of you-holy moly! cant wait to hear more about it on our hike!

Unknown said...

awwww i am so jealous...i want to do it next year...can't wait to start looking for bikes next spring ;)...your pictures are so cute. you both make the perfect couple!

heidi said...

I am so impressed with you. What a wonderful memory!

Ashley said...

Wow Jennie! I am so impressed! I am so glad you have a blog-now we can be blog buddies! :)