Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Conference Weekend

This past weekend was the semi-annual General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This is the the 3rd conference in a row that I have been lucky enough to be able to go to one of the sessions. Devin and I went to the Saturday morning session, and while it was rainy and gross outside, it was so wonderful to be able to go together. I'm sure many of you watched conference all weekend, but for those of you who were unable to, the sermons/talks that were prepared and delivered were penetrating to the soul. I know that blogs are usually supposed to be light and funny...but I just can't help but mention the spiritual weekend I had, and how I am finding myself effected by it more and more the more I think about what I heard. I watched Sunday morning's 2 hour session with my roommate Whitney, and thanks to tivo, we were able to pause it whenever we felt like we wanted to comment on something that was said, or that touched us. I realized over and over again this weekend that while I may not know everything about everything...I know enough to keep me going. I am so thankful for this church, it's leadership in all areas, and feel lucky to have such wonderful people all around me. I know not everyone reading this believes the same things I do, but the joy and clarity that this church has brought to my life in the past 9 months is something that I can't help but share from time to time. I can't wait for the November Ensign (church publication) to come out and to be able to read over the talks again. Hope wherever you are, whenever you read this, that you're having a good day, and that you're aware of your worth :)

1 comment:

cait & darren mower said...

jennie, i just love you! i need more of me in my life.