



This weekend was a fabulous couple of days. Dad came into Salt Lake Friday afternoon, from Paris, and had a little less than a 24 hour layover. Afterwork, I picked him up from the Red Lion Hotel (downtown SLC) and we met Devin and his parents at the Cheesecake Factory at Fashion Place. It was great for him and the Tranter's to meet. We had a nice dinner, with good conversation, and to kill time, I even helped dad pick out some fall "back to school" clothes at the Gap while we waited.
Saturday morning dad and I went for a hike up Grandeur Peak in Millcreek canyon. It was a beautiful morning/day. There was a slight chill in the air (which was much appreciated after the first 10 minutes of vertical climbing) and the views were spectacular all the way up. The first time I did this hike with Heidi, Whitney, Holly, and Adrienne, we ran into a rattlesnake coming down...so I my eyes were pealed for our coiled, reptilian little friend...no luck in finding it. We made good time. It took us 1 hour and 24 minutes to get to the top, and it was there we met some new, interesting people. I have decided that professors with mulitple PhD's are a bore. While nice and friendly people, they annoyed me. They all teach at the University of Utah, and validated my previous assumption that academia is a culture all its own. To be apart of it you must not shave under your arms (true of the woman music professor), not shave the grey hair growing under your bottom lip (true of the woman philosopher professor), and present, gloat about the multiple degrees that you're still making payments on. They were funny, and gave dad and I something to talk about on the start of our trip down.
Sunday morning was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Devin, Mrs. Tranter, and I met and went to Mr. Engh's house so that I could receive my Patriarchal Blessing. While it was a very personal experience, I can't help but mention that it was the most spiritual blessing/moment I have ever experienced. It definitely set the spiritual tone that lasted throughout the day.
So a wonderful weekend has now been recapped. Hope you had a wonderful weekend too!

1 comment:
Oh Jennie! I loved your weekend! I am so glad that you shared this. Wonderful! Wonderful!
The parents meeting huh....? :)
Post a Comment