Saturday, August 31, 2013

Emily's Art

In an effort to be a more involved mom, to offer Emily developmental experiences and to spend one-on-one time with her, I have implemented "craft time" into our day.  Claire either crawls around on the floor or is napping while Emily and I both work together to make something she is proud of at the end of each craft session.  I really do try to let her do as much as she can, and then I fills in the holes. 

Here is just a sampling of what we have done over the past few weeks.  A lot of days she just wants to paint with water colors, or color with crayons in her coloring book while I watch her.  I have learned that it is a skill for a toddler to really focus herself and concentrate on starting, then completing a project.   

Cotton ball and Q-tip painting

 








Sorting and counting fruit loops, and then making a rainbow with them.





Hand-traced fish 


Hand-traced sheep


Color-patterned Centipedes  


Toilet paper roll octupuses


And here is one of Mom's projects, as of late.  This is so non-professional and thrown together with dollar store frames, but I have wanted to have their hand and foot prints framed for a long time, and am glad I at least have this now :)




1 comment:

Kajsa and Fam said...

oh so cute! This makes me excited for when Adalyn is old enough to do projects with me. :)