What "they" say is true... "Do not push potty training on a child until she is ready. It will be so much easier to start when she wants to." Since November of last year we have been living with family until we arrived back in Illinois in June. I knew that I didn't want to introduce potty training to Emily until we were in our own home again with a stable, consistent environment. My motivation was to get her ready for pre-school in Sept. Being "toilet independent" is a requirement. I read a lot of blogs and potty training tips, and felt like I had gathered enough information to know what would work for Emily. Emily may have been 6 weeks shy of turning 3 when I finally buckled down and surrendered to being ever so watchful and aware of when Emily last drank a substantial amount of milk/water...to really making it a point never to be gone from our house for longer than 1-2 hours during the phase where she would only go potty on her special princess potty.
While she wears a pull up over night, Emily has not worn a diaper since the morning I stripped her last one off of her at the beginning of July. I cannot believe how easy her transition has been. I have cleaned up 3 accidents over the last 6 weeks, and each of them was because she just couldn't get her pants down in time, and ended with her crying and feeling awful about her failure. Oh but what she didn't know is what an amazing success story her potty training has been! I am beyond proud of her. I can honestly say she has been potty trained since day 1. She took to it that fast, and I am crediting it to waiting until she was ready and excited about it.
The first week we had a small streaker living in our house. She was completely in the buff so it was easy for her to be able to go right when she felt the urge.
We practiced with her baby
Way to go Emily! You make potty training look so easy!






No comments:
Post a Comment