She's 3!
Our Emily is THREE!
Her birthday was Saturday the 17th, but we celebrated all weekend long; right up until bedtime last night. I have posted way too many pictures, but I just couldn't weed any out. Emily makes too many goofy faces that I never want to forget!
Saturday morning was so fun. It really was like Christmas in August. We loved spoiling Emily and saying YES to whatever she asked. It was her birthday...whatever she wanted, she got!
Yes, she still in a crib and Claire is still in a pack n play. And yes, their new room is still blue. I'm trying to muster up the motivation I need to whip their room into girly shape.
French toast with birthday candles for breakfast! Emily has been talking about blowing out her candles since she saw Claire do it 2 months ago. We wanted to give her a few opportunities to do it.
All summer, I have been looking on Craigslist and hitting up garage sales every Friday morning for the perfect dollhouse with all the furnishings. Several times I almost talked myself into paying more than I wanted to, or settling for not quite what I was looking for. And then it happened. Last weekend I was on my way to a garage sale that was listed, and drove past a garage sale that wasn't listed. Right on the corner of their driveway was this gem of a dollhouse with a massive box of little furniture and people to go with it. $8 for the whole set! Can you believe it?! I almost spent $100 the week before, as her birthday was getting close. Her little imagination has been so fun to watch the past 2 days as she plays pretend!
After a fun morning playing with her new toys, we drove north for another beach day/night with the Wright's. And I didn't even take a single picture of any of the Wright's. Dang it!
Roasting mallows. Isn't she cute? Her hair curled right up after swimming.
It was another girl's birthday too, so we had to get a picture with one of the balloons they brought.
Yesterday, Emily picked the dress she wanted to wear to church. She loves polka dots.
And then the grand finale...her birthday cake that she has been anticipating since Claire had her birthday cake 2 months ago. I hope it didn't disappoint.
Cute little sister was along for the ride all weekend too.

1 comment:
Awesome! You're such a good mom, Jen. She's gettin' so freakin' big! Claire Bear is too! That shot of her playing with her beads is a great one; the colors pop and the composition is nice. Bravo!
Post a Comment