I always check on both girls every night before I go to bed, but when Devin is gone, my routine is to pick Emily up and bring her into bed with me for a little snuggle session.
All of the melt downs and frustrations of the day drift right out of my mind and I'm filled with gratitude and LOVE for this little person in my arms who depends on me for everything, physically and emotionally.
For example, when I'm changing her diaper and she's wiggling/screaming/kicking/twisting/etc...or when I prepare her a meal only to turn around from tending to Claire's needs to find the food on the floor/in her hair/smeared into a freshly washed outfit/etc....or when I get so frustrated telling her the same command over and over and over, then having to put her in time out because I have to actually follow through with a punishment if I use it as a threat to get her to obey the current command at hand.
These seemingly huge ordeals, at the time of occurrence, literally dissipate from my consciousness in these late night moments of silently wrapping my arms around my adorable, sweet, energetic, animated, smart, funny little girl. These are the moments that re-charge my battery to tackle it all again the next day.
I love this toddler of mine! She certainly keeps me on my toes.


No comments:
Post a Comment