I wanted to come home and put this straight into my journal, and then realized that I have a lot more than just a few minutes of recap for my hand written journal... so, for right now, the blog is going to hold this moment that I want to remember.
Sunday, during Sacrament meeting at church, Emily was being entertained by the various attractions she's used to each week: books, sitting in my lap and playing with my necklace while making eyes with someone sitting behind us, thumbing through the hymnal and her favorite is watching videos of herself on either one of our phones.
Side note: She really loves to participate when we sing hymns. She's used to them because we sing hymns at home to calm her down before nap and bed time. She moves her hand back and forth like she's leading the music...it's really cute actually. Then after each hymn she folds her arms ready for the prayer, because that's what comes next at home.
So we're sitting in the chapel, and there are a few minutes left at the end of the meeting. The Bishop stands and says a few thoughts he had been having, and closes his remarks with "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." The whole congregation follows by saying, "Amen." and then Emily says very loudly and proudly, "AMEN!" The Counselor conducting the meeting stands as says, "Amen is right!" It was really cute, and I was actually proud of Emily's participation.
I love that she is learning the routine of things. She knows the order of Sacrament meeting and knows what comes after the Sacrament hymn, "bread" and "watew". She knows when to fold her arms for prayer and obviously when to say "Amen." She knows that the picture on the front of the bulletin, that we get when we walk into the chapel, is a picture of "Jesus." I love watching her little mind work as she puts things together in a way that it makes sense to her.

No comments:
Post a Comment