I am living the GOOD LIFE! Seriously, I am so so blessed, and have been recognizing it so much the past few months. This past Saturday was our church's annual Relief Society General Conference. The last Saturday of every September women from all over the world gather together (within their own geographic area) to watch/listen to 3 women (The General Relief Society Presidency) and 1 member of the 1st Presidency (a man) share uplifting and inspiring messages of hope, faith, charity, and encouragement. And all of the messages are specific to, and just for, women! While all of the speakers delivered great talks, my favorite was President Uchtdorf's, "Forget Me Not" message. He is such a captivating speaker, and I loved how I felt after hearing what he had to say. You can watch it HERE.
I have blessings all around me. Two of the biggest are named Devin and Emily. I love my little life, and the simplicity of my days mothering a 1 year old. I love the season we're in right now; both literally and figuratively. We have spent a lot of time outside going for bike rides, walks and runs. Emily is such a happy girl outside. The leaves are starting to change, the air is crisp with a little chill, and an earlier bedtime for Emily is being set in place with the sun going down sooner. I love the smell of our stew or soup cooking in the crock pot upon coming home from playing outside, and the feeling of a hot shower trying to get warm and toasty. I love having candles lit around our little duplex that give off an autumn scent, and holding hot chocolate as we watch a Saturday college football game. I love laying on the floor, across from Devin, with Emily in the middle of us as we play with her and she happily entertains us. Our little family, I love! I love how much free time Devin has right now, before his rotations start in January. I feel like we're living in the calm before our storm that will hit with the new year. He will be gone for the first 5 months of 2012, spending each month in a different place. But right now, I'm not going to think of those 5 months quickly approaching...no... I'm going to revel in the good life I have of being with my 2 sweeties every day and night in the midst of my favorite season of the year.
(some of these pictures are blurry, due to the camera being my phone, but you get the idea.)
This one showcases Emily's growing baby hair. It is so long right beind her ears.
She loves playing with Devin's shoes, and will carry them around with her as she does laps around our living room rug.
My baby is big enough to sit in the shopping cart's toy car! She LOVED it. My shopping experience was so different having her in this.

Devin likes it when I send him picture message of both of us, while he's at school.
She is loving books right now. The only time she will sit in our laps is when she brings us a book and whimpers for us to pick her up. Then she will open the book for us to read it to her. It is so cute. If you don't pick her up fast enough, than she will sit down right next to wherever we are, and start reading it to herself.

She loves dancing, and hugging her toys.

She loves playing with Devin's shoes, and will carry them around with her as she does laps around our living room rug.

My baby is big enough to sit in the shopping cart's toy car! She LOVED it. My shopping experience was so different having her in this.


Devin likes it when I send him picture message of both of us, while he's at school.

She is loving books right now. The only time she will sit in our laps is when she brings us a book and whimpers for us to pick her up. Then she will open the book for us to read it to her. It is so cute. If you don't pick her up fast enough, than she will sit down right next to wherever we are, and start reading it to herself.


She loves dancing, and hugging her toys.

2 comments:
too cute! she is getting so big jennie!!
Your blog is so cute. I too loved President Uchtdorf's talk. It really was wonderful. You are right not to think about the five long months because they WILL pass quickly.
Post a Comment