Because my dad is a Delta pilot, I have always been able to fly standby, which has proven to be such a huge blessing as we have lived so far from both sets of family for the past 2 years. I am so thankful for the perks I get! All of my siblings can zip up to see us whenever they have a few free days in their schedule, and that's exactly what Matt did this week.
I picked Matt up from O'Hare late afternoon on Wednesday, and we went straight to Subway for a quick bite before heading to the bowling alley.
We had a few groupons for bowling that were close to expiring, and bowling is one of Matt's favorites...perfect! It was a lost cause trying to contain Emily from crawling on the nasty floors. All caution went out the window as soon as she pulled the arched back and head thrown dramatically back at the same time (her favorite position for fit throwing) when we wouldn't let her get down from our laps.
Devin won the first game and Matt won the next 2. My best score was a 141. I was hot with the strikes!
We had a few groupons for bowling that were close to expiring, and bowling is one of Matt's favorites...perfect! It was a lost cause trying to contain Emily from crawling on the nasty floors. All caution went out the window as soon as she pulled the arched back and head thrown dramatically back at the same time (her favorite position for fit throwing) when we wouldn't let her get down from our laps.
Devin won the first game and Matt won the next 2. My best score was a 141. I was hot with the strikes!

Emily loves a good story
Matt and I went for a run to the lake for some swing pushing. Gotta keep the little buttercup happy!
We rented a few movies, watched the opening NFL game, Played with Emily and helped her practice her latest walk, played some scrabble, backgammon and spades, and then it was time to head back to the airport. It was fun having Matt play with me in my little mommy world for a few days. Thanks Matt for making the effort to come out and for loving my baby so much!
Matt and I went for a run to the lake for some swing pushing. Gotta keep the little buttercup happy!
We rented a few movies, watched the opening NFL game, Played with Emily and helped her practice her latest walk, played some scrabble, backgammon and spades, and then it was time to head back to the airport. It was fun having Matt play with me in my little mommy world for a few days. Thanks Matt for making the effort to come out and for loving my baby so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment