Mother's Day was nothing short of a PERFECTLY WONDERFUL day! Devin really rolled out the red carpet, and was extremely thoughtful in all the details that made my day so special. I was already asleep Saturday night, and he went to the grocery store just before midnight to buy all of the food and ingredients needed for his masterpiece of a meal/dessert that he made me the next day. When I woke up Sunday morning, all the veggies and meat were cut and marinating in some delicious concoction he created. There was a bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table, the nicest homemade card he has ever made/written, and a gift that I didn't even know he knew that I wanted. He really surprised me with his thoughtfulness. I shouldn't be surprised, because he is a very thoughtful person...but WOW...he had me hook, line, and sinker with all he did for me. Of all he did, my favorite was the words he wrote on my card. There is nothing better than a thoughtful, loving card!
He made shishkabobs on the grill and they were mouth watering delicious! I inhaled them! And for dessert, he made a strawberry cheesecake!
And to top off the Mother's Day, the Lakers lost to the Mavericks making the series a 4 game sweep!! I am so happy that the Lakers are out!

2 comments:
I absolutely love reading your blog. You do a great job expressing yourself. I'm thrilled that Devin worked so hard making your Mother's Day turn out so special. You deserved every minute of it. I love how you are putting all your time and talent and creativity into this latest career of mothering becautiful little Emily!! I love you.
Oh, I'm so glad your first Mother's Day was a great one! Those water belts are awesome! I need one. And congrats again on your half! You are incredible. I gotta work back up to my normal mileage so I feel like I can attempt one! I love all the pictures of cute Emmie (in your last post). I wanna visit again!!
Post a Comment