Saturday, May 28, 2011

Enduring it Well

Recently I have been trying to get better about turning off the TV, and turning on something that will enrich my day mostly spent in the living room with Emily. As many stay at home moms can relate to, my days are much the same, with the same schedule of feeding, napping, changing repeating itself from sun up to sun down. I love it. I know that I am doing priceless work, but oftentimes I need a little uplifting, and I have found a diamond in the rough of cyberspace.

I have loved listening to a variety of programs on The Mormon Channel. This is an online version of the LDS Church's official radio station. Each program has several different episodes surrounding the main topic that the program serves to address.

Enduring It Well has been my program of choice these past few weeks.

I listened to the first episode and was hooked! In each episode of this Enduring It Well program, an individual who has gone through and overcome an intense life trial is interviewed and asked specifically how he/she got through and is now living day to day after his/her specific trying experience.


The first time I listened to the first episode, I had my ear phones plugged into my laptop as not to distract Devin from his studying right next to me in our room. I was a mess and asked Devin twice to get me some tissue to wipe my puffy, teary eyes and runny nose. Over the course of the next few days and the following weeks, I have LOVED listening to stories (episodes) on this Enduring It Well program. It has put my own problems into perspective, and has shown me the power of God that comes through the Holy Spirit to those who need comfort, healing, forgiveness, understanding, strength, and eternal perspective in gospel principles.


You don't have to be Mormon to appreciate how amazingly touching and inspiring these stories are. Take a look, and then take a listen, and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennie,
I didn't know about "The Mormon Channel" and took some time to listen this week to some episodes. I loved them. Thank you for posting about it. It was a real up-lifter for me. Very inspiring.

You are wonderful!