Dear Mom,
Just in these past 7 weeks of Emily's life, I feel such a deeper appreciation and gratitude for the mother you dedicated yourself to be. It doesn't seem fair that I don't have any memories of the time we had together, but I know you nurtured, loved, and met every need I ever had. I know that often times it takes becoming a mother to fully understand and appreciate just how much your own mother did for you, and I'm sorry that you're just now receiving the thanks you so much deserve! You worked for 8 1/2 years, pouring yourself into Josh, Matt, and me. You taught us the simple, basic principles of Christianity. You taught us to pray, and to read our scriptures. You tried everyday to be the mother God would have you be, and we will forever be indebted to the time, energy, and love you gave to us. All that you did has not gone unnoticed, and the example you set will be the bar to which I will hold myself. I'm so thankful for your journals, and for the opportunity I have to relate to your joys and challenges that accompany family life. I hope that I can be the woman you were. I hope that I can be the MOTHER you were. I love that Emily will carry your name and that she will always have a connection to the grandmother she was named after...LORNA
Me and my mom

Me and Emily
What do you think...do Emmie and I look a like as infants?
Me:


Emily:

10 comments:
That's so precious, Jennie! And, yes, I do think you and Emily look alike as babies! :)
awww you just made me cry...Enily does look like you when you where a baby...and I thought she looked more like devin at first? we will see when she grows up...she is a cutie and you're the perfect mom!
She is adorable! She looks alot like you and you look alot like your mom. Cute pics I love the hair bows!!
Beautiful post! I love that you wrote your mom a thank you letter! It's so true that you don't fully appreciate your own mom (and moms in general) until you are one.
Love this, you are such a sweet daughter. I don't remember your mom either, but I to have heard a lot of stories and I remember every year growing up we would always take flowers to her grave my mom considered her a very dear friend and now I'm so glad that I could be your friend and that we got to spend time together over the years. Your family holds such a special place in my heart. I can't wait to meet your precious little one, she is gorgeous!
oh what a sweet heartfelt post! It kinda made me teary! You are such a cute mommy already!
That is so sweet--I think Emily looks a lot like you!
How proud your mother is of you! You give her more joy and happiness than you can ever imagine. Never ever doubt that she loves you with all of her heart and has watched over you and has stayed a part of your life much more than you know. I promise you that moms never quit being moms no matter which side of heaven they are in! With love, Mom T
Ohh what a sweet post Jennie! I know your mom is so proud of the decisions you've made in your life and the mother you are becoming! What a great way to honor her!!! And yes, you and Emily certainly look alike!! I love you!
How sweet! I shed a few tears reading this. What a tender connection you have to your mother now that you are one. You look so much like your mom! Emily is so lucky to have you as a mom. If only she could speak, I'm sure she'd tell you all about your mom!
Post a Comment