Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wonderful Weekend!

This weekend was a GREAT one! Friday afternoon was Devin's "White Coat Ceremony" at school. At the end of the 1st year for all podiatry students, the school recognizes the fact that the students are now allowed to work with patients in a clinical setting...thus being able to put on the WHITE COAT. To be honest, I think it's just a huge pat on the back for making it through the extreme life style shock of the first year of med school. A pat on the back much welcomed. I was able to sneak away from work to support my man!

Devin's turn to put on his White Coat!
Happy boy!
Doesn't he look sharp and official?

Devin's lab partner, AJ.
I just wanted one of him by the foot.
US :)
Devin's "big brother" Brian is a 2nd year that Devin was paired up with if he needs a mentor. Brian has been a helpful resource for Devin this year.
Of course I had to head back to work for a few more hours, but that night we celebrated with a fabulously delicious sushi and sweet & sour chicken dinner. It must have been entirely too long since we last had sushi, because it was mouth-watering!

Then we headed for some glow in the dark mini golf. Not gonna lie...the place was ghetto, but we were able to fit in 2 rounds. I beat Devin on the first game (with 3 hole in ones in a row!) and we tied the second game. I'll take it!

Saturday morning was gorgeous! We strapped on our biking gear and headed out. I LOVE biking so much...and especially with Devin!! Even though I could feel the babe more than ever as I was hunched over in the bike riding position...the ride felt so good!
Who wouldn't want to take a ride on this paved trail??
Saturday afternoon I tackled the first big step of making this baby blanket for baby girl. My wonderful co-worker Lori offered her sewing supplies and expertise. I was able to cut all the pieces for the front of the blanket. Huge accomplishment for me! Cutting fabric is a little nerve racking because once you cut, it's permanent, and you only have so much fabric yto work with. I came up with this pattern, and had my aunt Kathy help me with the measurements of each strip or square. Layed out, it looks exactly how I envisioned it to. I LOVE IT! My next Saturday will be spent sewing it all together!

5 comments:

Design A-Peele said...

Looks great! Love the fabric! Congrats to the hubs!

Rob & Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, so many things I want to say! First, CONGRATULATIONS DEVIN!!! That must feel good! He is so smart, I'm sure he is passing with flying colors! Second, what a seriously fun weekend you had! And third, the QUILT LOOKS AWESOME!!! I absolutely love it! Oh my goodness Jennie! I wish I could come help you with it. I loved piecing my quilt. Did I tell you I'm almost done quilting it finally?? We need to talk! Sure love you!!

Design A-Peele said...

Thanks for your sweet comments and prayers jennie. We are soo excited. Can't wait to be able to update everyone more!

Ashley said...

What a fun weekend! The blanket is going to be beautiful! I am so excited for you Jennie, and by the way, I think I'm already bigger then you :) But don't worry, I still love ya

Candace said...

Congrats to your hubby! THat's exciting. And I must say that I'm jealous. I know nothing about sewing, and I have yet to make either one of my kids a quilt. And it looks like yours is going to be DARLING! I'm excited to see pictures of the finished product. And, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START LOOKING PREGNANT? Are you sure you're expecting? You're so TINY!! You're supposed to have a little belly by now. You are the envy of all pregnant women.