My sweet father in law!
Some brotherly love...they had just finished a 15 hour drive that day!
I took this, because this is what they did for about 45 minutes. All of them cuddled up on the floor talking technical mumbo jumbo that I knew nothing about.
Their first night on the classic pull out. This thing is coming in handy!
Sunday morning I got ready for church in our room as to share the bathroom with the guests. I came out of the room, and Devin had written me the SWEETEST card for Mother's Day, and then gave me the BEST, most appropriate gift! I was so touched that he even recognized me as a Mother...and thought enough to plan something thoughtful and meaningful. He ordered the framed picture below from a Deseret Book in Utah, had it gift wrapped, had his mom pick it up from the store, and then had his dad and Dave bring it along with them so I could open it on Mother's Day. Dave gave this to Suzy last year, and I LOVED it! I mentioned it to Devin only a few times, and what do you know...he remembered! I'm excited to put this up in the nursery! Not only was Devin thoughtful with the gift and the card, but he was extra sweet all day long and continually said sweet things to me about motherhood. Thank you Devie for making my first Mother's Day so memorable and special!
We brought Dad and Dave to church for show and tell. It was fun to have family with us! Straight from church we drove into downtown and spent the day walking around the city. We couldn't have picked a better day to stroll the streets. The weather was gorgeous!! We started in the park.....
Devin and I LOVED seeing Dave and Dad! We only got one day with them, but it was such a fun one! We really missed seeing Suzy and Knox and Mom...heck...we missed seeing all of the Tranter's, McDonough's, and Knight's from Devin's side of the family!! Everyone come soon!

3 comments:
sounds like a great weekend! I really enjoyed emailing back and forth. love you jennie!
That is awesome they stopped by! Looks like you guys had a blast and didn't waste a minute! We sure do miss you guys and hope to see you guys for Christmas?? Love that last pic you posted its so pretty!
Chicago is gorgeous! I can't wait until Dave and I come visit next May! And, did you go get pizza on a sunday? My dad's on a rule breaking roll! What's he going to do next? Visit Matt on his mission? :) Your blog is darling!
Post a Comment