Sunday, May 16, 2010

Project Baby Update

For the past 3 Saturdays in a row, I have worked on this baby blanket. It has been a lot of fun, and I'm really pleased with the progress made thus far. Last Saturday I sewed all of the pieces together to finish the front of the blanket. Yesterday I sewed the back and batting to the front. The blanket looks finished, but still has a lot of work to be done.....the quilting! I haven't decided if I am going to quilt by hand or by machine. I have never quilted by hand, so that intrigues me, and would be a great summer project as I continue to get more and more immobile. But doing it by machine would be a lot faster!

You wouldn't think so, but it took a long time to just pin all of the layers together evenly on all sides. This was taken right before I sewed all the layers together.



There was a lot of blanket to manage as I was sewing the perimeter.

Lori...pinning the handstitch part while I went to the bathroom (happens all too frequently these days!)
All Done...What do you think? I LOVE IT!

The back of it is so confy and snuggly...perfect for baby!

This was just an hour ago...Devin made us some burgers...he loves his little grill.
And lastly...here I am at 1 day shy of 28 weeks.

Whenever I lay down my belly really seems big! She was kicking during this shot :)

5 comments:

cait & darren mower said...

you look SO darling!!! i love the quilt and fabrics you chose...i miss you!

Design A-Peele said...

so glad to see the bump :)

Dave and Jen McDonough said...

Jennie! Where is your baby? YOu are so tiny! I can't wait for this sweet little favorite niece of mine. And the quilt is so DARLING! Great job!

Andrea said...

I love the quilt!! It is adorable!

Ashley said...

Finally, I can see a pregnant belly! You look so adorable! The quilt is amazing! I am so proud of you!