Sunday, May 23, 2010

Recap

Our friends Jenelle and Ben Coon just moved back to San Diego this weekend. They lived in our complex, and went to our church...and now they've left us. Jenelle was here for Pathology Assistant school. We had them over for one last dinner. We will miss the Coons!

Here is a day in the life of Devin...studying for his finals
This past Wednesday at mutual, the beehives (12-13 yr old girls) and deacons (12-13 yr old boys) got together for a bbq and kick ball game at the park. They were funny to watch interact. It took them a little bit to warm up to each other...remember 7th and 8th grade of middle school?

My girls!

After the kick ball game

Kaila, Tara, and Jordan in my back seat headed back to the church. I love these girls!


DEVIN FINISHED HIS FIRST YEAR OF MED SCHOOL ON FRIDAY!!! He has worked so hard this year, and I'm so proud of him! Way to go sweetie! Friday night we played some tennis with Brian, KIra, and Drew. Devin kept saying, "It feels so good to be out!"


Saturday morning we headed out for our longest ride yet! Devin wanted to venture across the railroad bridge to see what was on the other side, and I snagged one of him on his way back.


We went on a date last night too! NO MORE STUDYING FOR DEVIN!! We saw the new Robin Hood movie (highly recommend it) and then had sushi afterwards.

Our waitress was funny and requested we take this one...



Devin now has 3 weeks off from class before summer school starts!! Let the fun begin :)

3 comments:

DREW and MICHELLE said...

Good job Devin! Doesn't it feel good to get that 1st year out of the way! Thanks for entertaining Drew with tennis :) I love reading your posts and seeing your cute baby belly!! Have a fun break from school!

Rob & Sarah said...

How fun! We went on pretty much the EXACT same date last weekend! We had sushi and saw Robin Hood! It was so fun! I really REALLY hope I get to see you guys soon!!!!

Ashley said...

Oh, I am so happy for you guys! I am so glad you will have some much needed time together before the summer school starts up! Sure love you both!